Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Dog and Mouse by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt {Book Review}


My younger twin is really into dogs right now. Her fascination really exploded a few days ago when she discovered a stuffed dog in the playroom - and it hasn't left her side since. The dog in this book looks so much like her new friend, I knew she'd enjoy it.

On the surface, "Dog and Mouse" by Michelle Nelson-Schmidt is about friendship. I love that it also teaches loyalty and integrity. Dog is looking for a friend, and Mouse selflessly offers to help in the search, simply because helping others is the right thing to do. They both wait patiently every day for this unknown friend to show up, until they realize that Mouse has been the perfect example of a loyal friend all along.

Nelson-Schmidt's straight-forward illustrations engaged my twins from the start. And I absolutely love the bright color palette! How did she know those are my happy colors?


"Dog and Mouse" really has everything I expect from Kane Miller. From the story to the pictures to the conversations it leads me to have with my children, this book has been a ray of sunshine in our home all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment